Review: Winter Poems

Winter Poems Winter Poems by Sabarna Roy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“Winter Poems” is a collection is poems written during mild winter of Kolkata. The poems deal with various issues are in free flow. Sometimes they rhyme sometimes don’t. That is not important I guess. I am not a poem person so could not appreciate fully. One sample

""They forgot to put my body on fire
On freshly chopped logs of wood
On oil cracking and boiling
They forgot the charm of cotton ball plugs, the sight of wetted
white petals of fecund flowers, the absent-minded twirl of
smoke chains, incense sticks, the sonorous trail of holy hymns,
crackling sounds of earthen pots and above all, the communal
mourning around a corpse""

The book is short read but takes time to understand. The language is beautiful.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat