Review: The Light in Black-out

The Light in Black-out The Light in Black-out by Dr. Farah Naqvi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Desolate heartbroken and miserable.
I hate to be weak and vulnerable.
Ambulance hospital and dim lights
Unexpectedly the seizure arrived.
Like an eclipse, it turned the day to night.
As you stood by me all this while,
I cannot help but smile.
Have I been blessed with true love?
I have been thinking all this while.

Epilepsy is a horrible disease. It is cruel as it can hot you anytime and the person lives in the shadow of fear.
Alizah is a bright kid and very studious. Then the nemesis of epilepsy strikes. She is heartbroken and afraid. But she doesn’t lose courage and gets admission in prestigious IMI, Bangalore and popular management college. Here she meets Sahil who adores her. She is afraid of commitment due to her medical condition…

The book is simple and follows a linear narrative. The story is told in crisp, simple and clear manner. Although this kind of story is done to death many times. It reminded me of Erich Segal’s famous book “Love Story”. It is nothing new but people who like romance will like it.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat