My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The blurb proclaims this is a true story of the author. It may be true but I read it as fiction.
Amazon review link is https://www.amazon.in/review/R992UVMR...
Story begins with Kapil, the protagonist being visited by a true guru. Then the story moves to flash back. We come to know that Kapil has many siddhis taught by his gurus Trilokenath and afterwards Asuranath. Somehow they turn his enemies and then he has to deal with them. The first part finished at a cliff hanger and there are many unanswered questions.
Many things are told in the book which might interest some readers. Such as:
1. People who have past life relationships are born as twins, mother and child, brothers and sisters, best friends or members of the same soul family.
2. “How can the door of salvation, from where you proceed to the higher realms of consciousness after discarding the limitations of your physical body, be impure?"
3. Yakshinis are invoked as sister, mother, daughter, wife or friend, depending on what one desires to achieve. However, most of the time in these types of sadhana, it is more of a sexual relationship between the practitioner and the Yakshini as the sadhana increases the former’s sexual desires.
4. It spoke about the most auspicious places to begin the practices of an Aghor…. There seemed to be four ways to do the practices- either go to a dense forest which should be full of wild animals, or to a cremation ground, or find a dead body and do all the practices sitting over the body and the last, most gross one was to go to a forest along with a woman, make her sit in front of you naked and do the practices; the disciple also had to be naked…
5. After spending so many years on this path, I had realized that nothing comes free of cost. The name and position one enjoys, all come at a price.
6. I realized that he had trapped me into doing a Yoni puja. There are Tantrics and Aghoris who pray to Goddess in the form of Partner, but I was not one of them. In this kind of ritual, if the girl desires the sadhak would have to sleep with the girl.
7. “Who is not mad? If you look from my viewpoint you will perceive everyone as mad. If you fit in the society’s set of beliefs and live the way others live you are considered normal, but if you don’t fit you are labeled ‘crazy’.
There maybe two views about the book. One of a believer and other one of a rational person. I fall into second category. The stories about tantriks, aghoris like Sex with yoginis, using spirits for evil purposes, doing sadhna with corpses in graveyards/ shamshan ghats, drinking alcohol during sadhna, desecrating corpses of infants etc. may or may not be true. It sure makes an interesting read and the author keeps your interest going. Kapil also brought to fore the true evil face of these aghoris and babas. They are megalomaniacs who cannot listen no and expect everyone to treat them like God. The siddhis (if there is any such thing) are not for wellbeing of humanity but just a tool to get power and money.
The book becomes repetitive at times. A tight editing could have helped. Also sequencing of events is confusing and some things don’t add up. Author need not remind us after introducing every name and place every time, that its name is changed. One disclaimer like this at the beginning would have sufficed:
“This is a true story but names of the characters and places have been changed to maintain anonymity/ to protect their identity”.
I give it 3/ 5 stars.
P.S. On a lighter note: Govt should make a paltan of all these aghoris and post them to border. They will play on the minds of terrorists, enemy soldiers, and their leadership. We will win the war without any bloodshed. ;)
Where to buy:
Kapil takes you on his unforgettable true journey of the supernatural world of mystics and higher beings, unbelievable miracles and the parallel world of darkness and light, in his spiritual pursuit of seeking the ONE - who would show him the Ultimate Divine. A series of events catapults Kapil into the fascinating world of Dark Arts and suck him into the quagmire of drama, suspense, greed and betrayal. And just when the trials and tribulations seem to engulf Kapil completely, there emerged from the deepest darkness, a Brilliant Light of his True Master. The existence of the paranormal world is as much real and any ordinary person can get caught in that world unless one is careful. We belong to such a period of time wherein innocent seekers are lured into the trap of so-called "Masters" who fool them easily by playing onto their deepest fears and weakness. The book hopes to save people from making that false step and even if one does commit that mistake, the book offers hope that it is not the end of the world; one can always get to the Light, A thrilling true account of an ordinary man plunged into extraordinary circumstances of the Dark World.
About the author:
Kapil Kumar Bhaskar has been on his spiritual journey for more than two decades. Blessed by Adi Gurus, Spiritual Guides and Masters (who visited him out of their body form), Kapil has a deep understanding of the human psyche and has divine clarity on both esoteric and non-esoteric issues. Having received divine guidance, his knowledge and understanding of spiritual matters goes beyond books and comes from anubhuti... experience.
In his own words, the experiences he underwent in this sojourn shaped him to become what he is today. His knowledge does not come from books but from experiences.
As he often says, “You have not got birth here, neither you will get death... The only thing you will get here is Experience...”
After a successful stint as a businessman, Kapil Kumar Bhaskar gradually shifted his area of work to become a full-time spiritual consultant to those lost and confused on their personal path of inner excellence. A multi-faceted personality, Kapil is a spiritual mentor, a prolific writer, a counsellor par excellence. He has penned uplifting articles which have been printed in magazines and journals within and outside the country.
Highly articulate, he debunks myths and conditioned beliefs and theories propounded by self-proclaimed guardians of orthodoxy, to help people connect with their true self. He has guided and helped countless people. His radical interpretations of spiritual and religious dogmas existing amongst the masses have transformed the lives of all those who have chosen to associate themselves with him.
His lifelong experiences have now been shaped in book form which gives in-depth information and knowledge of the dark side of the white world.
A Mentor with a difference, Kapil continues his spiritual quest which he says will last till this life... and maybe beyond.
You may get in touch with him through:
View all my reviews