My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A solid five hundred stars. The copy is provided to me by Sh Shubha Vilas as a token of affection with these remarks.
“Dear Rajan! Here is a book that integrates Ramayan with our lives….and hoping that these life lessons become your life time companions.” Regards Shubha Vilas
This is not an ordinary book. This is a gem. This is an epic. This is not merely a retelling of Ramyana. It is interpretation of it. It has pearls of wisdom. You can not give it a casual reading. It is so intense and enlightening you have to read each page 5-6 times so as to get the full meaning. It gives the deeper meaning of actions of various characters especially lord Rama.
Sample some of the pearls of wisdom:
1. At the right time, when the desire to control is not given up voluntarily; it will be taken away involuntarily.
2. Responsibility is not a choice it’s an honor.
3. Nonfulfillment of our desires is not always someone else’s fault.
4. The lowest nature of a leader often becomes the highest hallmark of a follower.
5. Surfing is the art of focusing on one wave at a time. Happiness is the art of focusing one joy/ aspiration at a time.
There are countless others. I became a better person after reading this. Hoping to read others in the series soon.
View all my reviews