Review: Three Voices

Three Voices Three Voices by Nora Sarel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“I put the distance of time between us and I went, I thought that the distance of time would heal..”
-N. Israeli

This is an autobiographical fiction. This is divided into three parts called; first voice, second voice and third voice.

Lena is a Jew, caught in the world war. Mr Stefanik takes Lena to woods to partisans. They fight Nazis from the woods like guerrilla fighters. She is only 6 or 6.5. they don’t accept her and Mr Stefanik has to take her back. He gives her a new name: Elka Isdebska and declares her Christian. The war was never ending as seemed to her.

The description of passion of the priest for Tosha is superb. He is totally blind with passion and she is totally oblivious. He is consumed by carnal desires and when he grabs her, she resists with all her might. He becomes morose and vengeful. This episode reminded me of the deplorable behaviour of our so-called Hindu saints. Asharam bapu, Dixit of Ishwariya vidyalaya and Ram Rahim came to mind.

This is a story of grit and determination. I like the story. 4 /5 stars.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ashadh Ka Ek Din by Mohan Rakesh

Review of Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda

Review: Dus June ki Raat